US Embassy Grants in Nigeria for North West and North Central Regions
The U.S. Embassy Abuja Public Affairs Section (PAS) of the U.S. Department of State has announced an open competition for individuals and organizations to submit program proposals to support Nigeria’s response to the ongoing instability in the North West and North Central regions.
PAS seeks to award a limited number of grants to individuals, educational institutions and not-for-profit organizations that are actively working to support the Nigerian government’s community outreach efforts towards fostering inter-communal and interfaith dialogue, establishing forums for constructive advocacy and conflict resolution, early warning mechanisms, and/or amplifying government’s security efforts in underserved areas.
PAS will prioritize grant program proposals that protect against security threats and foster peace and stability through measures to prevent and counter violent extremism, mitigate rural violence and encourage peaceful dialogue and non-violent conflict resolution.
This funding will prioritize individuals and organizations that have already commenced projects, can demonstrate capacity to manage programming, and have clear records of achievement.
Humanitarian assistance, social welfare and construction are not allowed under this funding instrument.
Projects must be safe and follow current healthcare regulations.
Applicants are permitted to submit only one proposal per individual/organization.
Participants and Audiences
- The funding is intended to target the root cause of violence in the region through grassroots efforts that encourage participation from youth, women, religious leaders/credible voices and the security apparatus.Priority RegionNigeria’s North West and North Central regions
- Awards may range from a minimum of $5,000.00 to a maximum of $50,000.00
Length of performance period: Six (6) months to Twelve (12) months
The following organizations are eligible to apply:
- Not-for-profit organizations, including think tanks and civil society/non-governmental organizations
- Public and private educational institutions Individuals
- Public International Organizations and Governmental institutions
Apply by 31st July.
Details Here: https://www.grants.gov/web/grants/view-opportunity.html?oppId=327952