The Millennium Fellowship is a semester-long leadership development program that happens on your campus.
Note that each selected campus hub will typically have 8-20 Millennium Fellows (meaning you are strongly encouraged to invite your colleagues and classmates on your campus to apply as well). When you apply, you are asked to submit your Millennium Fellowship Project. Whatever your Project is, it must be time-bound – something you can make meaningful, measurable impact on during the Millennium Fellowship (August-December) and it must advance at least one Sustainable Development Goal and one UNAI principle. For some examples, it could be (but is not limited to):
- leading your campus organization (for example, a chapter of AIESEC, ENACTUS, UNICEF) that advances UN goals.
- student journalism – writing a series on the Sustainable Development Goals for your campus newspaper.
- running a social enterprise.
- innovative research that concretely advances UN goals.
- proposing a collective action as a Project – a campus-wide and/or community-wide initiative that advances UN goals. For inspiration, learn about Middlebury College’s successful campus-wide action to become carbon neutral by 2016 (advancing SDG 13).
If you want to curate the Millennium Fellowship on your campus, in your fellowship application you can also apply to be one of two campus directors for your campus. Note on deadlines: The application deadline for the Millennium Fellowship Class of 2020 has been extedned to May 11. All Millennium Fellows and Campus Directors will be announced by July 15th. Please note that this is a selective program – while there is remarkable student leadership in every community, in 2020 we can only select a small percentage of all applicants.
You must be at least 18 years old, an undergraduate enrolled in a college or university, and in good standing at that academic institution for the duration of the program.
You make a commitment to convene in-person least eight times during the Millennium Fellowship (for 2020 the program will run August-December) with your Campus Directors and other Fellows on your campus to share best practices and take collective action. Students have to meet on-campus, in-person for the Fellowship sessions. If you miss sessions, this is grounds for expulsion and the forfeiture of your designation as a Millennium Fellow.
Deadline: 15th June, 2020
Apply Here: https://www.millenniumfellows.org/apply