Sanlam is a diversified financial services group, headquartered in South Africa, operating across a number of selected global markets.
If you are a whiz at maths, enjoy a good challenge by solving difficult problems and are willing to remain focused and disciplined through years of studying and training, then you are just who we’re looking for.
- Tuition and accommodation fees
- General allowance (books and pocket money)
- Mentoring and academic support from Sanlam actuarial professionals
- Vacation work and networking opportunities with Sanlam staff
- Guaranteed employment after completion of studies
- Continued support and payment towards actuarial board exams
- Range of work rotation opportunities across a broad spectrum of disciplines.
- Final 2019 Grade 11 results and Grade 12 mid-year 2020 results as well as NBT results
- Certified copy of your identity document (ID)
- Comprehensive CV focusing on Academics, Extra-mural activities and Leadership skills
- Grade 12 results may be used as determining factor
- An above 90% score in Mathematics and an overall A aggregate
- A motivation to support your application that answers the following questions:
- In your own words, can you describe what an actuary does?
- Why do you want to study actuarial science?
- Why do you believe you have what it takes to become an actuary?
- Why should Sanlam choose you to be a bursary holder?
- If you are not successful at becoming an actuary, what other career paths are you considering?
How to Apply
All applications need to be completed online via the Sanlam Career Opportunities website. It is important that you submit the following documents with your application:
- Comprehensive CV as indicated
- A certified copy of your ID
- Final Grade 11 results and Grade 12 mid-year results
- A letter of motivation to support your application
We are committed to embracing and accelerating transformation. In accordance with Sanlam’s employment equity plan, preference will therefore be given to suitably qualified candidates from the designated groups (Black South Africans i.e. African, Coloured and Indian scholars).
Please note that all applications need to be completed online.
Apply Here: https://www.sanlam.co.za/careers/Pages/bursaries.aspx
Deadline: 30 June 2020