NOGTech will offer $10,000 seed funding to five ventures, business mentorship and incubation to selected ideas,
and provide an opportunity to create world-class solutions for operators and service organization within the industry, and other linkage sectors.
The list below includes the main themes we for NOGTECH, including a background to help spark your ideas!
Feel free to submit digital technology solutions to challenges that fall under the broad themes below:
- Tackling the rising problem of Pipeline Vandalism
- The activities of oil pipeline vandals and oil theft cost Nigeria a loss of $2.75 billion in 2019. According to industry information from NEITI, NNPC, NEC Adhoc Committee on Prevention/ Control of Crude Theft and other sources revealed that Nigeria in 2019 recorded a loss of 22.64 million barrels of crude oil valued at $1.35 billion for the half-year and $2.7 billion for the full year at a global oil price of $60 per barrel.
- These illegal activities around critical national petroleum assets has caused a lot of disruptions in revenue inflow to government as well as affected the environment of the host communities.
- These disruptions affect Crude Production, and result in insecurity and terrorism. Innovators would be expected to submit solutions and ideas on how to tackle the challenge of pipeline vandalism leveraging digital technology in ways that can help detect likelihood of occurrence, foster community awareness, minimize impact in cases of eventual occurrence, and even tracking stolen crude.
- Cyber-Physical risks identification, mitigation and management
- Digitization of Renewables Energy in Nigeria
- Skills demand and talent supply challenges
- Best practice in transparency, accountability and civic engagement
- Tackling legacy supply chain and logistics challenges for all industries
- Solving Nigeria’s Healthcare problems
Eligibility for Nigerian Oil and Gas Technology Hackathon
NOGTECH welcomes a broad participation.
It is important that the developed solutions are connectable and quickly achievable.
The following conditions are required to be eligible to participate:
- Must be a team/company of at least two or more members with at least 75% of the founding team as Nigerians
- Team/Company must be a registered, or intending to register as a, for-profit business entity (enterprise or limited liability company)
- Solution is either idea stage, prototype level or a launched solution that hasn’t gained commercial traction
- Must be available to participate in a 3-day hackathon as well as a 3-month incubation if selected.
HOW TO ENTER Nigerian Oil and Gas Technology Hackathon 2020
During this time, shortlisted participants will have 72hrs to collaborate, build their prototypes or fine-tune existing prototypes.
Apply Here: https://www.guaana.com/challenge/ahYanKJyEAyWT3XDp
Deadline: June 30, 2020