ACEPHEM aims to address the unmet needs of highly trained academics and researchers. They will train graduates at MSc/MPH,MPhil/PhD and MMED levels. Further, some trainees will be enrolled and trained for short courses for Malawi.
The ACEPHEM facilitates the conduct of research in public health and in the identification of commonly used medicinal plants. They aim to contribute to the quality assurance of herbal medicines. This approach is anchored throughout by the strong public health team that will train a new generation of practitioners and professionals in public health. The Center contributes to the training, collaboration, academic and research outputs of Malawi and the region in public health and herbal medicine.
- Train at least 70 MSc/MPhil/MMED students in urban public health/herbal medicine within 5 years.
- 26 PhD students in fields that are relevant to public health (e.g. adolescent health, and herbal medicine.
There are partial scholarships to cover tuition fees for students at both MSc and PhD levels.
Advertisements for applications are made three times in a year. These will be open to qualified individuals in Malawi and the region. We aim to assure gender- balance. In each round of applications both national and regional applicants will be targeted.
Successful applicants who will be offered scholarships will be encouraged to enroll with the University of Malawi. A small proportion of the candidates may be enrolled in partner institutions especially when exposure to specialized skills, laboratory and supervision will be better offered at a collaborating institution. Our partner universities are:
- Malawi University of Science and Technology
- Mzuzu University
- University of the Copper Belt
- Karolinska Institutet of Education
- University of Ibadan
- Mbarara University of Science and Technology
- Lilongwe University of Agriculture and Natural Resources
- University of Benin
- University of Tsukuba
- United States International University of Africa
Progress so far
- PhD Students
- Eleven (11) students being supported so far by the project.
- Masters Students
- Eighty One (81) Masters students being supported by ACEPHEM project.
Application Deadline: Ongoing
Apply Here: https://acephem.medcol.mw/schorlaships/